Residents & Attendings - Research
Dr. Nancy Wang is the Associate Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Dr. Wang is an accomplished lead researcher for the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Department and has played a role in the following published research:
1. Amieva-Wang, NE Shandro J. Fassl B, Sohoni A editors. Practical Guide of Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Caring for children in your Emergency Department. Cambridge:Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- 1. Teng M, Wang NE. Whooping Cough: Management and Diagnosis of Pertussis. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports. March 2011; 16(3):29-40.
- 2. Ayalin T, Kiang C, Gharabaghia L, Wang NE. Minor Head Trauma in Pediatric Patients. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports. February 2011;16(2):7-28.
- 3. Gharahbagian L, Schroeder B, Mittendorff R, Wang NE. Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury: Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Treatment. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Trauma Reports. September 2010;15(9).
- 1. Hsia RY, Wang NE, Saynina O, Wise PH, Pérez-Stable EJ, Auerbach, A. Factors associated with Trauma Center Utilization for Elderly Patients with Trauma: A Statewide Analysis, 1999-2008. Accepted to Archives of Surgery Oct 2010.
- 2. Acosta CD, Delgado KM, Raghunathan A, Gisondi M, D'Souza PA, Gilbert G, Spain DA, Christensen P, Wang NE. Characteristics of Pediatric Trauma Transfers to a Level I Trauma Center: Implications for Developing a Regionalized Pediatric Trauma System in California. Academic Emergency Medicine 2010;17(12):1364-73.
- 3. Glickman SW, Delgado MK, Hirshon JM, Hollander JE, Iwashyn TJ, Jacobs AK, Kilaru AS, Lorch SA, Mutter RL, Myers SR, Owens PL, Phelan MP, Pines JM, Seymour CW, Wang NE, Branas CC. Defining and Measuring Successful Emergency Care Networks: A Research Agenda. Academic Emergency Medicine 2010 Dec;17(12):1297-305.
- 4. Krishnamoorthi R, Ramarajan N , Wang NE, Newman B, Rubesova E, Mueller CM, Barth RA. Effectiveness of a Staged Ultrasound & Computed Tomography Protocol for the Diagnosis of Pediatric Appendicitis: Reducing Radiation Exposure in the Age of ALARA. Radiology. 2011 Apr;259(1):231-9. Epub 2011 Jan 28.
- 5. Delgado MK, Acosta CD, Ginde AA, Wang NE, Strehlow MC, Khandwala YS, ; Carmargo, CA. National Survey of Preventive Health Services in U.S. Emergency Departments. Ann Emerg Med. 2011 Feb;57(2):104-108.e2.
- 6. Hsia R, Wang NE, Saynina O, Wise P. Disparities in Trauma Center Access Despite Increasing Utilization: Data from California, 1999-2006. Journal of Trauma, 2010 Jan;68(1):217-24.